Navbar BETA

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's Official: Dewhurst is running for US Senate

It's official, David Dewhurst is the 4th GOP candidate for U.S. Senate.





This is what he had to say:


Dear Friend,
I’m running for U.S. Senate because we need a proven conservative to fight Obama’s war on the Texas economy! Your commitment to conservative principles and grassroots activism has been invaluable to our state and our nation. That’s why I wanted you to be the very first to know of my decision to run for U.S. Senate, and why I am asking you to join me in this fight today.
Click Here to hear why I’m running!
Our nation has gotten off track. While our country is over $14 trillion in debt and 14 million Americans are out of work, Washington spends money we don’t have on programs we don’t need.
Instead of looking to Texas, the beacon of American job creation with the best business climate in the nation, President Barack Obama has targeted our state’s employers, taxpayers and families with his job-killing liberal agenda.

I’m asking for your vote and your support to take our country back.
My campaign will be straightforward, unapologetically conservative and as serious as the problems we’re currently facing.
I’m the only candidate in this race who is a successful businessman and a proven fiscal conservative. Working with Gov. Rick Perry to build the best business climate in America, we’ve proven time and again that Texas conservative values work.

Sincerely,

David


Looks like the senate race is heating up, let the games begin.